Wednesday, July 9, 2008

They LIE!

I posted last, that the San Antonio utility company predicted 30% increase in the average consumer's bill. Well, mine arrived at over 40% increase!!
I called City Public Service and questioned my extreme bill, and they told me that the numbers were actually closer to 47%. AND there is another 3% increase coming in September. WELL now, THIS DOESN'T ACTUALLY REQUIRE MY COLLEGE MATH learning to figure....that's 50% increase. CAN anyone explain to me how the average "joe" is going to afford this???? We already have our thermosets set at 85 during the day.....ugh, guess we'll be shutting down the A/C....
Oh hell, Mr Gramm I know, I am such a whiny bitch.
I read an article last week that suggested we build a 30 x 30 mile solar grid in West Texas, and that would effectively power the entire state. I think that could easily be subsidized with the 47% increase, dont you? Oh wait, we'd have to get permission from Gulf Oil and Exxon first....

No comments: