Monday, June 16, 2008

Scary times a'comin...

It may be just me, but things are looking pretty grim. I know, GAS PRICES SUCK, but it's not just that. The added increase in Utilities of 30%, and the rising food prices, on top of the worst flooding in over 500 years in the "staple food" heartland, combined with the loss of rail and river transport up the Mississippi which will force demand side up and prices soaring even higher. Is anyone worried about this, other than myself? I'm actually contemplating buying a liquor store, and wind turbines.
The neighborhood already suspects that I've lost my drivers license, since I bring my Miller home on my bike these days (I refuse to pay the fat gas bastards). I don't care, and my corn and cantaloupes are growing just fine, too. I was thinking about a wind turbine the other day, and I was reminded of the Professor on Gilligan's Island, who peddled his stationary bike and generated enough fuel to run a blender!! I have 3 little energy sources ages 12,11, and 8. We could peddle up a BIG Screen TV I think! Where's the technology for that? Just a thought. OH and PS...I'm still missing my friend Tim.

No comments: