Saturday, December 29, 2007

Yes Mother, No

Well, mother has forbidden me to see The Golden Compass. She said it was written by an English Atheist, and his intent is to KILL GOD in the minds of children.
"WOW!" I thought, if that isn't the best way to scare me back into the theaters, then I really don't know what is. And my kids... Hmm, should I leave my 3 children out of this and just defy my mother on my own? I am only 46 years old, so I don't really know all the acts of defiance I still have left up my sleeves. Should I be role modeling oppositional behavior for my kids? Maybe I should go alone, just in case it really KILLS GOD in the minds of children. If mother is right, I'm so immature that it should do the trick in my mind instantly. I think before I go, I'll say a little prayer, just in case God is gone when I exit the theatre.
OH Dear God, Please forge into my childlike mind these absurd confrontations with my mother, so that as I flounder into my own elder hood, I will not burden my fully grown children with my long winded shortsighted parental counsel. And please, God, forgive me for flirting with atheistic intent thereby dishonoring my parent inspite of your commandments....my bad.
That should take care of things. Now, off to the movies!

No comments: