Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Escape the Escalade

There's one more Escalade on the street where I live. It's big, new and looks very expensive. Yes, that snooty woman said she'd NEVER be a "mini van" type. I love the ones that say that, eyebrows raised and smiling at me, as I beep the locks on my sweet 5 year old minivan, and stroll thoughtfully away.
One night I'm gonna sneak down to her house and put a sign up in her yard that says,
"Fuck the Polar bears! They're FAT!"
But I have to put my "I want my country back" sign up first,
And I need to get my kids passports finished,
And we need to start the Berlitz "Speak French in a Day" tapes too.
I think these Escalade and Hummer girls here in this neighborhood wink at each other because they have agreed in some secret sorority pact that paying more money in gas shows their social status better than their picture on the society page here. Both of these gals here on my street have less than 2 kids each. Why can't they drive the nice Lexus Sedan? Because it doesn't make enough of a statement! That's right. Of course, I don't know EXACTLY what their statement is. I don't belong to that Sorority. Because....I Wasn't asked.

No comments: