Saturday, June 7, 2008

Meatless Report

The vegetarian diet is going well. My children are onboard as well. They weren't big meat heads anyway. Mother on the other hand thinks that I'm damaging my children, as well as myself. She BELIEVES that one must have meat to live....hard to believe she was really a child of the great depression. Of course my mom still serves corn and potatoes on the same plate and thinks she balanced the meal. No, don't try to tell mother that corn is a grain not a veggie....she isn't interested in all your blather.
The only other downside to this is that my inlaws have one more claim to support their "Michelle is a nut!" case. Yeah, well say what you want, nuts ARE PROTEIN!
The only thing I really miss sometimes, is a fat juicy Reuben Sandwich....mmm.
Better not even elaborate...

No comments: