Saturday, August 23, 2008

Excepting the Lies

If, like me, you have come to recognize the inflammatory and derogatory nature of Fox, then are you also confused about WHY we allow them airtime? I am consistently amazed and appalled when I see clips from their antics on youtube.com. Trust me when I say that I would rather roll in cow dung before I actually tuned FOX in on the TV. But still, I just don't get it. The preponderance of propaganda, all backed if not initiated by the highest levels of a corrupt government. WOW, I remember the stories from my childhood about the Kremlin and the KGB. How I never really could understand why the smart Russians didn't do something about it....thinking that there really must be a bunch of dummies in the USSR. And now I sit here in complete stupification, watching it happen, unable to stop it, warring with myself over just how dumb an American I really am. So now, in my lame attempt to ease the self respect of my inner child, I must sincerely apologize to all of the Russians, smart and stupid alike, for years of disrespect and contempt.
That done, I am still contemplating the best way to adjust to the misinformation that has become the standard for our once stunningly adept debate machine, the US Media. I suppose I should become an activist in defense of the Internet...the only information source left, where you can find the truth if you LOOK for it. I have found a promising resource in The American News Project.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1463341016/bctid1733162920 I will continue to pass the word, and hope that someone, somewhere can put together a plan to recover our unbiased or at least evenly distributed sources for REAL information.

No comments: