Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Israel SMIRKs Iran!

I would like to know why our country refuses to stand down and behave in the middle east. I would like to understand what authority we claim when we DEMAND things of these middle eastern countries. I would like to understand HOW legally we can invade these countries. I would like to know where the WMD are now. I would like to know WHO in the world trusts US Intelligence or the US Executive branch, after everything they've bungled so far. These are the facts as I know them......
Under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), a country has the right to enrich its own fuel for civil nuclear power, under inspection from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
Iran says it is simply doing what it is allowed to do. It argues that it needs nuclear power and wants to control the whole process itself. It says it will not break its obligations under the NPT and will not use the technology to make a nuclear bomb.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has repeatedly stressed that Iran will not yield to international pressure, and he has denounced the US as "tyrannical".
"The Iranian nation will not succumb to bullying, invasion and the violation of its rights," he has said.
I may be crazy, but this sounds more reasonable than ANYTHING that Bush has pontificated about at his obnoxious press conferences. I think Israel is desperate to put Iran out of nuclear business, JUST IN CASE. I think that they need US assistance, and know that they will get it from the war mongers post haste.
I have a problem with this. I also am worried that if we take military action in Iran, that Bush can declare a state of National emergency and delay the 2008 election. I don't think this has ever been done before, but then, the supreme court never threw out National election ballots before Bush either. Buckle up, with Smirk and crew ANYTHING can happen.

No comments: